"It's-Too-Hot-To-Cook" Easy Chinese Chicken Salad
In the middle of summer, when it's too hot to cook, you want an easy meal that doesn't require an oven, a stove, or even a microwave! On nights like that, this Chinese Chicken Salad makes a regular appearance. It's full of nutrients, easy to make, and comes together in just a few minutes...especially with these time-saving tips:
1. The recipe calls for store-bought, organic, rotisserie chicken. Pull the meat apart into shreds and you're done.
2. You can use the packaged pre-shredded cabbage easily found at stores like Trader Joe's. The same goes for the carrots...which can also be found pre-shredded.
3. No measuring needed (apart from the dressing). Just throw it together until you're happy with the mix. You can also add any other veggies you have in the fridge that sound good!
Here's the recipe...
Easy Chinese Chicken Salad
• Mix of white and dark meat from a store-bought, organic rotisserie chicken (I usually use about half to ¾ of the meat), shredded or cut up
• 1 small head savoy cabbage (or 1 bag pre-shredded cabbage)
• 1 large carrot, julienned or shredded (or a couple handfuls from a bag of pre-shredded carrots)
• 3-4 green onions, chopped (white and light green bits)
• Handful or two of chopped cilantro
• Any other desired veggies (julienned kale or broccoli slaw would be great!)
• Crunchies for topping: hemp seeds, sesame seeds and sliced almonds are all great
• 2 Tbsp raw ACV
• 3 Tbsp coconut aminos
• Juice of half a lime
• 1 crushed garlic clove
• 1 tsp fresh ginger
• 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
This is pretty difficult...are you ready?
Mix together the salad ingredients. Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Dress and toss the salad.
Enjoy without breaking a sweat! 😂